Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's not stealing, It's borrowing!

I love to "steal" ideas from other teachers and tweak them to make my own. Today I went to Taylor Elementary School, a year round school, for their first day back! While volunteering in a first grade classroom I took so many ideas out with me. One thing I want to continue to do as a teacher is observe other teachers. I think we often get into a mundane routine and that's where the "burn out" comes in. It was so energizing watching another teacher at work and seeing the great things she did that I could also bring in to my own first grade classroom!

On the same subject, different idea, another teacher mentioned something about me going the extra mile in a surprised voice. This last week I spent 3-4 hours a day helping at the school and then today in the room with the kiddos. In away this made me sad because it seems a lot of teachers don't go that "extra mile" and often complain about the work they already have to do. When I chose to be a teacher I knew the work was going to be hard, and I know that there will be days where I "want to pull my hair out" but that's ok, because in the end I see these little ones grow up to be responsible adults and I know that I was a part of that!


Here is a website I found tonight and it's awesome!

http://www.ilovethatteachingidea.com/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment