Monday, July 11, 2011

All of life is a journey; which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.

Today was one of those super exhausting days... I went to MN over the weekend and got back late Sunday night. Last night I found out I would be working a few extra hours for our after school program along with the 2nd class I started teaching today. I also was switched from working in my pre-k room to another class. Basically I worked 9 pd hours and then stayed at school till 7pm prepping/cleaning. Throughout the day I started to feel grumpy. I felt bad when I could tell the kids where "getting on my nerves" and I wasn't my normal perky self. Then I kicked myself in the butt and remembered #1 that I was there for them, #2 I dislike teachers like that #3 it wasn't there fault I was in a bad mood and if a student acted the same way they would probably be in trouble too. I think it's easy to just blame things on being a "bad day" and then not work at making it better. Today was one of those days where I took the situation and turned it around. I don't believe we necessarily have good and bad days. I believe we make the days and how they are going to be with our attitudes and actions.

On the plus side I feel like I am preparing for my teaching assignment coming up by working the extra hours and getting my body used to the feeling of going non stop at school from 7am till 5:30pm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment